This is a great outdoor adventure club in Richmond , Virginia. Bill and Marianne Swann are very strong advocates for the great outdoor sport of mountain biking . If you have ever mountain biked in Richmond you can thank this couple and their team members for the hundreds of hours spent maintaining and building trails.
Richmond is host to the Xterra Atlantic Cup, the east coast qualifying event that got me to Maui this year – the course improves each year :) Join their club for some great fun. Get on their mailing list, make new friends, and get special discounts from participating sponsors, including World Bean Roasthers. They’ve got a very impressive list of team members .
The info below was borrowed from their website. I couldn’t explain it any better!
Richmond ASR was created to bring together athletes to promote and participate in adventure sports and racing. By bringing together like minded and adventurous athletes, we could more easily form cohesive teams for the purpose of competing and participating in these sports. The athletes that make up this team are versatile and talented, able to compete in any number of off-road endurance sports in single or multisport fashion.
The ASR Mission
- Promote not only the athletes but the actual sports.
- Increase participation and visibility of multi-sports.
- Promote a healthier, happier public.
- Introduce our youth to multi-sport adventure racing.
- Support the venues where we race and train.
- Trail care and environmental stewardship.
- Support and promote adventure sports community sponsors.